Create A Random File Using Powershell
I recently needed to create a file for testing the upload capabilities on a website. The content of the file didn't matter, only the size. So I wrote this little powershell script to dump a random series of bytes to disk.
- #Create the array of the size you want
- $out = New-Object Byte 1024
- #Fill the array using a System.Random object
- (New-Object Random).NextBytes($out)
- #Write the array to a file with System.IO.File
- [IO.File]::WriteAllBytes('filename', $out)